To enhance the sleep knowledge of the Community Pharmacist and develop the protocols and tools necessary for evidence-based signposting to advice and treatments across the healthcare sector.
To help patients with sleep problems access valid advice at their first healthcare professional interaction – with their community pharmacist.
Coordinate a synergistic, multi-disciplinary approach between pharmacist, medical and dental communities, in order to improve and accelerate patients to appropriate care through research, education, and professional development.
- To assess the sleep education status of community pharmacy
- To close any knowledge gap
- To accredit sleep-trained pharmacists
- To have a position on self-diagnosis and OTC ‘cures’
- To network interested researchers and clinicians
- To facilitate the exchange of new information
- To establish and maintain appropriate screening and signposting protocols
- To promote and maintain a positive public awareness of sleep disorders and the role of the community pharmacist
Membership is open to all pharmacists worldwide. Our initial focus though is on the UK and Eire.